• Translating safety warnings for industrial measurement instruments
• Translating a press release for a provider of material handling solutions
• Translating a user manual for industrial computers
• Translating help files for a management solution of BYOD scenarios
• Translating a blog post on a crowdfunding case study
OK, so you have read about the benefits of acquiring technical know-how, but computers are just not your piece of cake. You are a translator and you want to concentrate on translating, leaving all the technical stuff to someone else to manage for you. Here I am.
Has your client sent you a PDF file, asking you to preserve the layout in the translated file? Or a Star Transit project that you want to be able to manage with Trados? Or a DVX project that you would like to translate using Wordfast? Do you want to create a translation memory out of your past translations? Or to extract a glossary? Just contact me with your requirements and we will discuss together on the best way to improve your workflow. If the solution to your problem is straightforward and you can apply it with minimal instructions from me, I won't charge you anything. For more complex scenarios, I will charge a reasonable hourly fee to perform quick file processing/conversion, thus allowing you to manage profitable projects and to keep your client happy.