• Translating safety warnings for industrial measurement instruments
• Translating a press release for a provider of material handling solutions
• Translating a user manual for industrial computers
• Translating help files for a management solution of BYOD scenarios
• Translating a blog post on a crowdfunding case study
Membership in a professional translators association can indicate a translator's professionalism and commitment to quality. At least it shows that the translator is willing to invest time and money to keep abreast of developments in the profession.
Some associations, such as AITI (Italian Association of Translators and Interpreters), require candidates to document their educational and professional experience, and to pass an exam for admission. Other associations, such as ATA (American Translators Association), offer their members optional, rigorous exams leading to professional certification.
These associations also provide continuing education for their members, raise public awareness of the language industry and provide searchable directories of their members. They belong to the International Federation of Translators (FIT) and work closely with other professional associations throughout the world.