• Localizing the interface of an enterprise data visualization/analysis solution
• Translating Web help pages for the above solution
• Revising the transadaptation of texts for language proficiency testing
• Translating a manual on maintenance procedures for trains
• Translating the Web interface of an eCommerce platform
• Passed my Cambridge CPE exam - Got C2 CEFR level at Grade A
Membership in a professional translators association can indicate a translator's professionalism and commitment to quality. At least it shows that the translator is willing to invest time and money to keep abreast of developments in the profession.
Some associations, such as AITI (Italian Association of Translators and Interpreters), require candidates to document their educational and professional experience, and to pass an exam for admission. Other associations, such as ATA (American Translators Association), offer their members optional, rigorous exams leading to professional certification.
These associations also provide continuing education for their members, raise public awareness of the language industry and provide searchable directories of their members. They belong to the International Federation of Translators (FIT) and work closely with other professional associations throughout the world.